Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Edge Of Space

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Moron boy on March 12, 2000 16:28:08 UTC

First let me state that I am a beginner by all means to the field of Astronomy.

This is what I think.
We have the universe , a (theorized) ever-expanding area of space. Now , suggesting that space IS infact ever-expanding , means that there is `anitspace` or `antimatter` for our area of space to take over. Now , saying that , what exactly is the `antimatter`? It`s the ultimate catch 22 of science. Saying that it is nothing means it is something , because we , as humans , can not percieve `nothingness`. We can not imagine , nor prove that there is something beyond space. Being nothing has to mean it is something , because we can have no nothing. Now what we DO know is that of the `known` universe , or what we can see. Beyond that , there is (theoretically) more space.

This probably makes no sense , so I will stop now. My main question is , how can there be nothing if nothing is made of something? If anything does exist beyond what we know as space , how can it be referred to as `nothing`? It has to be made of sometihng , which in turn disqualifies it as being nothing.

Like I stated earlier , this the the Ultimate catch 22 of science.

I`m sorry to have put you through this.
I apologize,
Moron Boy.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins