Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Answer To The Time Travel Question...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Josh Roberts/">Josh Roberts on February 11, 2000 04:21:39 UTC

Time travel is logical, but with certain restrictions. Light travels at a constant speed that remains inverse to a single point. (Givin the theory that one could make such a vehicle fast enough) The light that reached me a year ago has been reflected and is millions of miles away somewhere. To travel through time, I would have to catch up with that light. But, then my position would be millions of miles away. Essentially, it would be pointless. It is very improbable, though logical. Time travel is nonsensical in there being no point. One would be too far away for it to even make a difference. Then the exact same thing would happen in reverse on the way back. You would still be the same dopey person in the same dopey time.

thanks for putting up w/ me Josh Roberts Pezboy123@mediaone.net

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins