Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Blackholes And Absolute Zero

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dennis sinneD/">Dennis sinneD on February 9, 2000 20:47:48 UTC

: : Is a blackhole at absolute zero???

: I love You!

I would have to say that I'm surprised the parralel between both have not been explored as passionately as other aspects of black holes as the implications are tremendous. One follow-up made mention of absolute zero as the absence or halt of time, but this is erroneous. A more accurate correlation between absolute zero and black holes would be in the defining of absolute zero as the absence of motion (even though particles at absolute zero continue to oscillate). Such a phenomenon can, I believe, exist at the singularity of a black hole, where gravity is so intense that incalculable amounts of matter are compressed into a single defining point. At this point, has gravity caused the matter to slow oscillations to absolute zero status? I believe so, but its all conjecture since I have not, as of yet, studied the literature on the matter (if it exists). Bizarre parallel between the gravity of black holes and absolute zero: certain matter, when brought to absolute zero, slows light down to a paltry 36mph when shone through it. If anyone can help, please email me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins