Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Age And Space

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Graedus/">Graedus on February 8, 2000 23:09:50 UTC

What you're thinking of is related to traveling at the speed of light. I can't remember the exact numbers but say you travel (at light speed) 1 light year away and then return at the same speed. You will return 2 years older than when you left yet we here would have aged say i don't know like 5 years or some Language Removed. Anyway it's all in the relativity of time, you know all that einstein mumbo jumbo. just like how the faster you go the more you "stretch" in length it's crazy Language Removed, just look up the Language Removed in some physics of relativity page or something

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins