Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: How Was The Earth Was Created? (Not By God!!!)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Hera on January 14, 2000 02:28:16 UTC

: : If you have a clue or any ideas on how the earth was chemicly formed, post it on this site and title it as (SIN - how the earth was formed. scientificly, not by god!) : : Thank you.

: If not by God, as you say, then by WHO? If you can answer that one...you're a smart cookie. However, Read the first book of the Bible you'll see where God used the Elements of the Earth to make Man. Doesn't that tell you something?

Faith is exactly that, faith. Nothing more and that's why it has it's own mysterious ways to capture the human imagination. Religion also serves as a way to control the masses with rules and theology. I understand man's sense of needing to belong. However religion evolved from simple concepts of worshiping dead ancestors and fear of the unknown. And religion will continue to as it always has foster as much ignorance as possible. Ignorance has been the most powerful tool to keep large masses of people under control. If you are too scared to learn and believe the truth you cannot learn and neither can following in generations who fall under the same influences. I have nothing against religion but I do see problems with some of its practices, like the unwillingness to learn and accept others.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins