Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Blackholes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dennis Revell/">Dennis Revell on January 12, 2000 05:54:28 UTC

: Well, first you have to take an English class. Then, after your grammar problems are cleared up, we can answer the question. If a planet was orbiting a star and somehow survived the expansion of the star and the explosion, then no. The planet would orbit the black hole in the same way it did the star. The black hole's event horizon would not be near the planet.

Well, whilst your english is apparently perfect, it seems like you could do with a course on using E-Mail, Internet forums and the like; so that you might avoid sending the exact same reply more than once!

You seem to imply that a black hole would capture an orbiting planet if the planet did not survive the star's expansion/explosion.

In the context of capture/non-capture, I have difficulty in understanding the difference between a planet surviving/not surviving the expansion/explosion of the star. Surely the dynamics of the planet's material remain pretty much the same, and so in either case the planet's MATERIAL would survive in orbit? If anything the dynamic of an expanding/exploding star would surely have to be OUTWARD, increasing the chance that the planet material would escape the black hole; albeit the planet would not remain intact in it's original form.

In finishing, it strikes me as bizarre that you are rude to Madeline S.; unless of course, you know her personally, and have deeper knowledge of her than an Internet forum. As far as I know, and I assume as far as you know, she may just be an incredibly interested 6 to 10 year old, in which case her english is fantastic.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins