Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: You Know How The Farther Something Is Away, The Faaster It Recedes From You...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on December 30, 1999 17:15:26 UTC

What I think is that relativisticaly, you can never view an object with mass reach the speed of light let alone surpass it, because that would take an infinite amount of energy. So my view is that they (the receding objects) will get infinitely close to the speed of light if the universe keeps expanding at the current rate or faster; (gravity may stop it). One thing that gets me though is that if the universe and spactime for that matter keeps expanding something else must dissapear or shrink otherwise energy is being created......am I right? If everything keeps (relatively) speeding up.....then where does the kinetic energy come from? Maybe this is an infinite amount of energy that should the universe keep expanding, could accelerate something to the speed of light.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins