Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Long Time Since Viewed These Posts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William G Melchiorsen Jr on December 22, 1999 04:46:50 UTC

: I'm a little confused as to who said what to whom. It appears that BILLY has a handle on the question that is bothering me; is space finite or infinite? I don't want to get into an argumentative forum about this. I would like to converse about this one-on-one. The question is really bothering me. Someday the answer will be known but I will be long gone. Please help me!

Hi Bill, I am not an astronomer, but I do believe that the universe has no borders, there is no theory that proves there is, although for some reason mainstream science seems determined to "prove" that there is. This cannot be done whithout actually finding it, and if there is no end, then of course we will never find it. I think that the reason many scientists are so hung up about it is becuase some theories are supposedly dependent upon the closed system... If you post your question again (new) on the god and science forum of this astronomy net, I am sure there are many who would give you some alternative and educated explanations from more than the "ordained" view of our universe. Hope to see you there! Not that this is a bad forum or anything, but I am just a layman... Billy :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins