Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Some Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bruce Jensen/">Bruce Jensen on May 23, 1997 15:18:35 UTC

: There are somethings i were wondering about black holes, i know geometry is not applied to them, so i ask : - if two guys were in space looking at a black hole from different angles, question: Would they see the same thing? : : -I read somewere that if someone falls into a black hole the force that act over your feet and your head will be so different that you will be ripped apart (this is a very silly example but this was the way I read it).So I ask:If something falls into a black hole, it will keep being shared unti it stops?(and will it ever stop?)

: This questinons may be stupid, but anyway I use just 10% of my brain capacity.

: Thankyou for expending your attention,and thank you even more if you answer my question.

Yeah, these aren't bad questions. First, two different observers in space would see about the saem thing at the same distance; the only real difference woudl be the appearance of the background stars and, very near the BH, the distorted patterns of the starlight wrapping around the gravitational field of the BH. And yes, if you get too close to a singularity, the difference between the gravitational force at your feet and head would be large enough to pull you apart. It's like the g-force at your head might be 100 pounds and at your feet 10,000 pounds; that's like hanging by your head with 9,900 lbs. attached to your feet!...BJ

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins