Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Antigravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Wassen on November 12, 1999 01:59:27 UTC

: In a very practical sense antigravity can be considered any force that works against gravity. This definition then would include conventional rocket engines which loft large spacecraft out of Earths gravity well and into orbit or beyond.

: The highly speculative idea that a force in nature or by human design may exist now or in the future is currently unprovable. Despite the tremendous acheivements of this century and an ever expanding knowledge of how the universe works on many levels, we still do not understand how gravity, the most fundamental force in nature, truely works. Lacking this knowledge an opposite to gravity is even further from our understanding.

: However I believe it is worthwhile to exlore and develop energies that mimic the desired effects of antigravity. By examing such phenomena in nature or in the lab we may inadvertently learn more about gravity itself.

: I will add more to this response later. Feel free to correspond with me.

What about gas in a vacuum or just pure vacuum? Please follow up.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins