Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Does Light Have Mass..no..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by no need to know. on November 9, 1999 20:40:43 UTC

: I would like to learn more about light and its : relationship to matter. Does light have mass and : if so, what is its mass?

: Thank you for your time. : Jacob

hello jacob, i dont think light has mass, for one light is a bunch of mass less photons.and if light were to have mass wouldnt you feel it hitting you? imagine a small grain of dust coming at you at 300,000km/s wouldnt that rip through you. yes with little trouble. but if you were to look up the black hole and its graviational effects you would see that light can not escape from it. and if it cant escape than it has to have mass, in order to be pulled...in??it is a puzzle..but me i as of this moment i believe that light as no mass.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins