Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Black Hole Endings

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kev on October 4, 1999 17:01:53 UTC

In your statement that information/macroscopic objects are observable at the event horizon, I assume you mean a diminishing horizon? It seems counter-intuitive to accept that an expanding horizon would allow the same lattitude. I'm uncertain if the strong impact of the black hole on spacetime and the dynamics of the situation prevents a grandfather paradox (I assume there is some analytic work supporting this?) nor if a grandfather paradox exists. The grandfather paradox states that past events are unchangeable from the future perspective but I don't see this as a problem or paradox. An independent enactor from a future time could theoretically could impact -t. Only the assumption that the original enactors time reference is fixed creates problems. From the enactors standpoint, the new time reference is -t nor will the matter comprising the enactor simply disappear due to future perturbations. In any event, calling the information paradox a pseudo-paradox does seem fitting assuming the special condition that allows a particle on the horizon to be observable.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins