Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Black Hole Endings

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Zephram Cochrane/">Zephram Cochrane on October 2, 1999 01:23:00 UTC

Mass, angular momentum and charge are all a part of the Kerr-Newmann metric tensor.

S. Hawking gives me the impression that he has enough distaste for time travel paradox's that his stand on more than one point in relativity is influenced more by that than by what is already known. I don't immediately discount possibilities based on a pseudo-paradox. As far as I'm concerned, remote observers can observe information (and macroscopic objects for that matter) cross the event horizon, but only while it is changing in size. The geometrodynamics of this process will prevent any grandfather paradox. However if the hole has more angular momentum or charge in comparison to mass in the same units than is currently thought possible then there are no real event horizon coordinates, but closed time-like loops would form re-introducing the paradox. Even so I don't discount the possibility of those kinds of holes either.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins