Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: How Black Holes Work (Maybe)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Branwyn/">Branwyn on September 29, 1999 13:59:52 UTC

: - How Black Holes Work - : - Andrew Howson, e-mail: chris_howson@bc.sympatico.ca -

: Please note that my Math is horrible, so I can't prove any of this by means of equations, and you may need some prior knowledge of black holes in order to understand this. I don't know how much (If not all of this) has been said already, sorry if this is all old ideas. : : A balck hole is created in a rather simple way. Before a star goes supernova, it first contracts in size. If a star is big enough (I don't know how big it would have to be) it's gravity would cause it to continue contracting before attempting supernova, and as a result a black hole is created. : A nearly infinitely dense object has now been created. It sucks in all things including light, but it dispells rays of gamma radiotion. : All of the matter is being squished together, so much so that neutrons are being flung from their repective atoms resulting in the mass creation of the simplest atom, hydrogen. Once the balck hole has reached a relatively large size that gravity causes a few neutrons to collide with the heart of some of some hydrogen atoms. Because hydrogen is easily used in nuclear reactions, a nuclear reaction does occur, and the result is the black hole turns into a star.

This is almost EXACTLY what I was trying to say in my theory. But, some one stated that there is no limit or life time to black holes and there fore it doesn't turn back into a star.So, do you have information that I could read on the cycling process of black holes? It would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins