Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dissapates Into What?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Apinamies/">Apinamies on September 25, 1999 00:34:34 UTC

What then does the energy dissapate into? One of my other....sources, said that energy in its self would pass harmless through the black hole, but there can be no energy without a mass, my theory is, that when the object of mass, with energy, like light, hits the disc, when the object adds to the mass of the black hole, then perhaps the energy is transmuted from kinetic, radial, thermal, into some form of potential energy within the object that added to the black hole, thus not violating the mass/energy convertion law, but that still leaves the question of heat energy, what happens to the heat energy that is created by a mass traveling 98% of the speed of light? 10% of the resting energy of an object is lost as thermal energy, could that acctually escape a black hole? Even then, where does the thermal energy go? Does the matter cool back down, recovering its resting energy back as potential energy? If so, then why do some astronomers say energy is acctually dissapearing from volumes of space, something I read in Scientific America May, 1999.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins