Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark Braun/">Mark Braun on July 22, 1999 15:17:45 UTC

Zeno's paradox simply defines/breaks down units of measurements of time and distance. It is Pre-Newtonian in its shallowness of dimensional conceptualization. "Terminal" things occurr all of the time in finite amounts of time and space. Who says that a singularity is infinitely dense? Couldn't it just be "dense enough" to change states? There has to be a threshold and who's to say that they aren't continuing to "compress" or become more dense (in this new state)? My theory is that time is the key to singularities - a point in time. When the initial collapse occurs, the matter and energy associated with the hole cease to exist in our space-time continuum. They "exists" at that point in time only (from our perspective)which we have passed by. Kind of a "stop the world, I want off" senario. The remnants of the mass and energy "conversion" is the back hole, which does continue to feed into the point in time at which it was created. What is on the "other side?" Another Big Bang at the time of collapse? Creating another universe in another time/phase. Things usually occur in self-perpetuating systems. This would fit the model. Our Big Bang occurred and the process is now reverting over billions of years whereby everythin is being sucked back out into other phases for redistribution. The whole thing kind of perculates! Your thoughts? : While I am uncertain of the possibility of singularities I would like to offer this proposition. Let us consider Zeno's Paradox, the method of which yours is similar. In order for an object to travel from point A to point B it first must complete half the distance. Before it can complete half the total distance it must first complete half of the half. Due to an infinite amount of halves the object can never arrive at it's final destination, nor is it even able to begin its journey. How could an infinite amount of halves be covered in a finite amount of time? Ergo motion is impossible and change merely an illusion. Rather than deny common sense and yeild to Zeno's perposterous conclusions, perhaps we should question the logic that supports it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins