Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
TIME TRAVEL, Only For Look.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Carles Villan/">Carles Villan on July 21, 1999 23:03:54 UTC

One possible use of the astrophysical universe is the famous Time Travel. The science-fiction and the physicians speculate about the profits and dangers of it... but, this seem too far of the reality. Imagine it: Today is 1.1.2000, the traveler drive your machine in 1.1.1900, and kill Mao Tse-Tung. OK (?!). After, come at your time: 7.1.2000. Wath will happen ? Nothing: nothing changed. Why ? Nobody knows absolutly nothing about Mao in 1.1.2000 (was killed, remember); and nobody did not go to kill Mao in 1.1.2000. But, in this universe without Mao in 31.12.1999, wath will happen in 1.1.2000, when the normal universe, with Mao, coexists again ? What will happen in this Crossroad of Times ? I belive in two theoryes: First, is the anhilation of the two universes, and the Second, is what theses universes coexists parallely... but infinite per odds fractions of time, the universe with Mao; and infinite per evens fractions the universe without. Coclusion: The Time Travel only can serve for learn the past. The hytpothetics time-travelers of our future, can not modify our world: all is in our hands. NOTE: Sorry for my inglish, but I never learned it in my school !

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins