Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: READ THIS No 4th imension, But There IS Time Travel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by richard/">richard on July 19, 1999 16:54:12 UTC

: Yes, but nobody's going to be disappointed because that has already been established! However, if you get just close enough to a black hole (but not to close), you can go 1,000 times slower in time (while the time around you is normal) so that so you can actually travel forward in time! Picture staying in this position for 1 year, coming out of it, and being 10,000 years in the future!

: Hey everyone, be sure to email me, so that you can get the URL to my Theoretical Astrophyics Page (not yet up).

Your e-mail address is not provided. You have to write it in expressly. Regarding hovering just outside the event horizon. To do so requires that you travel at very close to the velocity of light since space is crossing the event horizon at the speed of light. Therefore it's unnecessary to be near an event horizon to accomplish this feat. You may travel at nearly the speed of light anywhere in the universe and achieve the same time dilation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins