Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: How Black Holes Work (Maybe)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by danny gil/">danny gil on July 7, 1999 06:57:47 UTC

:i was wondering how you came up with the idea that black holes turn into stars. i have never heard that before.

- How Black Holes Work - : - Andrew Howson, e-mail: chris_howson@bc.sympatico.ca -

: Please note that my Math is horrible, so I can't prove any of this by means of equations, and you may need some prior knowledge of black holes in order to understand this. I don't know how much (If not all of this) has been said already, sorry if this is all old ideas. : : A balck hole is created in a rather simple way. Before a star goes supernova, it first contracts in size. If a star is big enough (I don't know how big it would have to be) it's gravity would cause it to continue contracting before attempting supernova, and as a result a black hole is created. : A nearly infinitely dense object has now been created. It sucks in all things including light, but it dispells rays of gamma radiotion. : All of the matter is being squished together, so much so that neutrons are being flung from their repective atoms resulting in the mass creation of the simplest atom, hydrogen. Once the balck hole has reached a relatively large size that gravity causes a few neutrons to collide with the heart of some of some hydrogen atoms. Because hydrogen is easily used in nuclear reactions, a nuclear reaction does occur, and the result is the black hole turns into a star. : Now I know what your thinking. What about all those "extra" neutrons that are created in the proccess of hydrogen creation? My theory is that when neutrons on their own are put under the dense gravity that is caused by a black, they turn into gamma radiation (e=mc2!!!), it is unclear to me why gamma radiation is allowed to escape the mass gravity of a black hole. But if we can examine matter as forms of particles, obviously energy can be examined in this same way, we just don't know how to identify these energy particles beyond the simple forms of energy we already know of- heat, eleactricity, ect. I believe that if we could examine "energy particles" we would be able to understand why gamma radiation is allowed to escape the grasp of a black hole. : If these "extra neutrons" are somehow created into hydrogen, then the density of a black hole must cause the energy it absorbs to turn into gamma radiation. To some degree this would make more sense. Perhaps the extra neutrons become the other forms of matter that reside within a star, apposed to becoming hydrogen. : I wondered to myself if something (A form of matter or energy, perhaps gamma radiation) was ingested by a black hole and caused it to explode (But NOT a nuclear reaction) prematurely, what would it become? After a great deal of thought I decided the black hole would become a primitive and bare planet in this case. This is just theoritical, I can't even think of any logic pertaining to physics that would back this up. I will add more on this next time I have a chance. : I need to chat with a physicist about all this. I also need to read more about advanced physics. If you can help me, please do. I would espicially appreciate it if someone could figure out the math equations to back up any one of my theories presented here. : : :

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins