Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andrew Murrell/">Andrew Murrell on June 17, 1999 09:02:31 UTC

: i am an Physics A-level student who has just been asked to do a reasearch paper on black holes. i am asking if anyone would be able to give me some information on black holes to allow me to complete this assigment. : information on the following would be especially nice: : the event horizon of black holes : how black holes are formed : under what circumstances they are formed : what happens when someone or thing falls into one. : is there any thing that could escape them : are they connected to the idea of wormholes

: one more thing i read that there is an opposite of a black hole is that true?

: any help would be appreciated.

: : spenny

The best answer that I can give you is to look for the following books. Black holes and warped spacetime by William J Kaufmann,III This book is a very good layperson read that will describe the help in your enquiries. You may also want to look up the book A breif history of time, by Stephen W Hawking, he is the worlds authority on Black Holes. clear skies Andrew Murrell

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins