Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: How Can People Still Think There's A God!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kelly/">Kelly on June 3, 1999 10:29:40 UTC

"god" is a figure that humans have made up to give reasons to the things that happen in the world. It is a way of getting out of accepting responsibility for their actions... By creating "god", people have created a universally recognised IMAGINARY FRIEND... Thats all it is... something to look to for answers to life's problems... and to some people thats much easier than facing them themselves... its weak, but its true for some people.... i dont have anything against people worshipping this fella, im just saying what i believe the concept of "God" is all about...

: : Believer: I believe there is a god which created us. : : Non: What created that god? : : Beleiver: ????

: : !!!

: What most people fail to realize is that "GOD" : which he is, and always was and will be, doesnt : need a creator because he is not bound within : the confines of the first 3 dimensions, nor time : for that matter, he and the kingdom of heaven are beyond : any realm of dimension that human brains can fathom. : The reason we dont understand this is because we : are threee dimensonal creatures, designed to worship : hunt and gather , mate, and survive. We are bound by all : physical laws and are unable to see past our 3 dimensional world : unlike he, : an intelligent bet would be for non believers to bet against their : human ignorance, even though it is bliss.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins