Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Antigravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Hoskins/">William Hoskins on May 12, 1999 00:07:47 UTC

There is no 'such' thing as antigravity. --------------------- But what is gravity? --------------------- However, I do not belive that gravity is caused by the mass of an object. It is caused by the Centrifical force of the earth spining. We are pulled to the earth like a carnaval ride spining. Your held in place by a centrifucal force. The faster the ride spins, the harder it is to move. (more force) Did you know that gravity is less at the equator? This is because the equator spins slightly slower than the poles,(greater distance to travel and produces less pull force. The faster something spins the more force produced. All planets spin. A space station spining can produce artifical gravity, even though its mass is relatively small compared with the earth. Why should a planet be any different? I call this Centrifical Gravity. If you can produce a greater force than the earth, you can escape the pull of the C.G field. The result at 68 0000 Rmp+ would cause a disc to levitate in the air.

Feel free to reply anytime for more info...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins