Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Speed Of Light Is Merely A Barrier Like The Sound Barrier!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Charles/">Charles on December 19, 1998 00:20:28 UTC

:Here I am again.....READ THIS: My fellow human beings...ask yourself...the universe is so large and expanding at such a rate that it's size is practically incomprehensible to the human mind...one cannot simply think..."It's pretty big..." In fact it is "universal"...Heh heh...Think my friends...if the speed of light, or "c", is the limit in this universe...there will not be much travel...by ANYONE...through the universe...the speed of light is so incredibly slow when compared to the size of the universe...it's comparable to going a 1/2 mph and wanting to get from New York to Moscow in "reasonable" amount of time...the speed of light is simply put as inefficient, slow, and primitive...there are other ways to travel...perhaps ways to travel faster than the speed of light...think this way: "The speed of light is merely the "light-barrier"...just like the sound-barrier..." I believe it can be broken...and exceeded by far...remember, Einsteinian physics are not absolute...remember, we have PROVED nothing, merely "backed it up"...the major problems the physisist faces are: How do we stop ourselves and our craft from turning into pure energy once we reach the light barrier? How do we accelerate so that we are not crushed into oblivion ? How do we deal with time dilation effects? (passing of time for observer, but little or no for traveler)...I have calculated that even a relatively efficient speed for travel is still quite small...this figure being: In order to travel across the Milky Way...which is 80,000 light years across...in one second...yes...1 second !!!...one would need to travel 2.52 x 10 to the 12th power times the speed of light...in smaller terms...you could travel 1 billion times around the earth in 1 second !!!...even this IMMENSE speed is still slow for this universe !!!...this subject is so amazing...just think...traveling at this calculated speed...you could talk to a person in China and a person in the US, IN PERSON, at the same time and they wouldn't know that you were even moving !!!...(in this hypothetical situation I am ommitting factors such as air friction and physical changes in your appearance, such as the wonderful glow you'd be giving off...heh heh.)...anyways...I have so much more to share and say...all I can advise is to have and keep an open mind to all possibilities...remember, we are a young species in this universe and do NOT know everything...so in this I say goodbye...E-mail me at Einsoldat@Aol.com and we can talk some more...Ciao!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins