Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Blackholes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Polt/">Polt on October 30, 1998 19:38:13 UTC

: Does anyone here know as I no about black holes? : How many people know what escape velocityy or the tidal effect are? : Are there any experts on black holes here? : Who actually htinks a black hole is a vaccuum that will suck up : the whole universe? : If you think that you don't no anything about a black hole.

I don't know as much as you about black holes (I think) but judging from the names I would guess that escape velocity is the speed on which you need to travel to get out of a black hole's gravity. The tidal effect are waves of space which can only be formed by a giant collission. I'm guessing here.

I don't think you can define a escape velocity because it isn't always the same for each black hole and escape velocity is actually whatever speed which is faster than 0 (m/s) if it's angle is away from the black hole.

But then again I don't know your defination of escape velocity so I'm actually just explaining my view of my belives of what EV is. So that makes me actually idiotic.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins