Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Minimun Distance...Someone Please Help Me With My Question!! PLEASE!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar/">Tomislav Strelar on September 10, 1998 09:52:20 UTC

: I disagree with the pixel effect, but I'm not going to get into that. I'm going to change the situation of the trains for a second. Lets asume I decide to write 1 then 1/2 and continue to write having it everytime, it would take me forever to get to 0. That's because I'm taking a few seconds between every fraction. There is an infinate amount of points between the two trains, but it's going through all of those points. Time doesn't slow down when the trains get really really close to each other, all of those points are gapped in a certain lenght of time. : 1 second apart = 1 meters : 1/2 second apart = 1/2 meters : 1/4 second apart = 1/4 meters : 1/8 second apart = 1/8 meters : etc. : 0 seconds apart = 0 meters

So, the "Minimum Distance" does not exist because the number of points between two trains is infinite at every distance?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins