Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Opinions Of Time Travel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by JWeir/">JWeir on August 12, 1998 11:32:42 UTC

: : : If you have any opinion about time trave, I encourage : : : you to tell me about them. : : Time travel is impossible.

If you truly believe that time travel is "Impossible," then why bring up instinces of contradiction?

In the universe, all things are possible. We have not fully grasped them at this point in our technology and knowledge capacity.

Is the world flat?? A thousand years ago everybody would have said "Yes" to that question. Are we thinking that way again? Or is there proof to the contrary that we cannot travel through time.

Einstein theorized that the closer an object moves in relation to the speed of light, the person would only age at a fraction of time and only percieve a fraction of time compared to the stationary observer. In this sense, time travel is possible in the forward motion. The question remains...... can we travel BACK though time?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins