Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: One Simple Question On The Fourth Dimension

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by jeff on July 22, 1998 18:33:23 UTC

: : : : : : For some reason, I can't remember the name of the fourth : : : : dimension. I know it starts with a "V". Valh...Vahal...????

: : : : AIUTO!!!!

: : : : anyone have more information on this dimension?

: : : The real fourth dimension is TIME. There are a number of other theoretical dimensions in quantum mechanicvs, but I sopmehow don't think that these are the ones to which you refer (nor am I at all certain that they have numbers assigned...).

: : Time is nothing more than a tool used in measuring the rate at which the universe moves....ie moles,lbs, and g. Nothing more than a measuring cup, not a demension.

: Chris, you should check on that. Remember, dimensions do not necessarily have to be spatial, they can also be temporal. Time is definitely a dimension -- which one it is may be up for debate, but it is a dimension nonetheless.

: Check out Rudy Rucker's book "The Fourth Dimension", one of the prevailing theories is that there are eleven dimensions in our universe, ten spacial and one of time. Time is a higher dimension, but not the fourth spacial dimension. General Relativity states that time and space are two manifestations of the same thing.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins