Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: How Can People Still Think There's A God!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by crash/">crash on July 16, 1998 03:02:34 UTC

: : Believer: I believe there is a god which created us. : : Non: What created that god? : : Beleiver: ????

: : !!!

: Take the argument from design. If someone were : walking down the beach and picked up a hunk of metal : and threw it over their shoulder, would it become : a watch? No of course it wouldn't because it would take the hand of a creator to make the watch. : So there : has to be a creator which designed the intricate : parts of the universe like the systems in the human body.

Creating a watch and the creation of the universe not the same thing. If the there was a god how was he created. I believe that god is a form of energy that resulted in the bigbang.

I ancient times poeple who didnot know how things formed turned to the supernatural to explain things. But now as technology develops, and we find logical resons for the occurances. We throw away the gods. At the movement we are yet to explain the reason for the creation of the universe.

• origins: just started. universe and so on

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins