Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: One Simple Question On The Fourth Dimension

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ricky Lovering/">Ricky Lovering on June 26, 1998 08:58:06 UTC

: If you had an eye at every 90 degree point of your spherical exsistence, you would be in a fourth dimensional world. Think about it!

In response to the eye theory.....It wouldn't work that way, because the eye is only able to perceive 3D objects. So all you would have is a big eye! If you took a cross section of the 4D world, it would would be a 3d object. So you would have to somehow imagine what an image with a 3d cross section would look like. This is physically impossible for us though. We are limited in thought and sight to the 3D world. We understand, mathmatically what the 4d world must be, but because we are confined to a 3D existence, we cannot perceive or create a visual representation of a 4D object. The idea of shifting into the 4D world has been an idea that I have always thought of...but unfortunately I don't think I will be able to figure out how to make that leap. I am a business and Computer student...so I don't really know the mathmatics of the whole 4D world. If anyone has any interesting thoughts or corrections on my breif note, please let me know by emailing me at rml1@bryant.edu. Thanks and keep thinking!!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins