Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Lloyd/">Lloyd on June 23, 1998 12:33:37 UTC

Are there any black holes in the vicinity of or beyond the Sirius star system (located in Canus Major)?

I have a friend who claims that there is a black hole and/or an anomalie/phenomena some 7,500 light years beyond the system. I have no knowledge on it in order to agree nor disagree with him on his claim - which is my reason for my entry here. I personally doubt that such a distance is beyond the range of any scope that we have - I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

If anyone knows someone who would know for sure or knows somone who would, please let me know. It would be grately appreciated?

Thanks...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins