Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: White Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paulo A Ferreira/">Paulo A Ferreira on June 22, 1998 07:56:14 UTC

: : : Since a black hole is formed by the collapse of a star, how how would a white hole be formed (if white holes even exist)?

: : : A good question - I have no answer, except to say that a white hole counterpart to a black hole, being of extreme density similar to a black hole, woudl require speed greater than light (and therefore impossible levels of energy) to exist, and therefore would probably return to a black hole state. The only real "white hole" that one could imagine is the Big Bang, in which a tear in the virtual fabric underlying space-time allows vast amounts of quantum energy and matter to explode and inflate simultaneously from a single point, creating space and time as it goes...wow.

: An interesting point to remember is that a white hole is simply a mathematical prediction of a physical phenomenon. What I mean by this is that if you run time backwards in Einstein’s relativity equations (which is a perfectly legitimate thing to do), they predict white holes. Physically, this would be tremendously difficult (probably impossible), since creating a white hole is the mathematical equivalent to destroying a black hole.

For a new insight at white holes, negative mass, and virtual world go to my site and download my book (freeware): http://home.ism.com.br/~pauloaf/~pauloaf.htm

• FREEWARE

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins