Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Opinions Of Time Travel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by sarah m jenkins on June 15, 1998 21:20:24 UTC

einstein stated that if an object moves at the speed of light yhen time to that object will have appeared to have stopped. now if time stops at the speed of light then what would occur if a person or object would move faster than light. i feel that that object could be transported through time. but how some ask. well what gives the illusion of time passing. the spin of the earth of course. i've noticed through study that people are more prone to car sickness when moving west which is against the earths spin and against time. i feel that if an object could speed up to faster than light against the earths spin then its plausible that that object could be transported backwards in time. the same goes for moving with the spin and going forward. now the only problem would be to not dissentegrate at the speed of light

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2019 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins