Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Will The Universe Expand For Ever???Why???

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William G Melchiorsen Jr on June 5, 1998 10:28:32 UTC

: So there is more than one universe, and there could be : many different "big bangs" happening simultaneously? : I thought the definition of "universe" included everything : in all space/time, not many seperate baby universes that are : acting independently of each other. Please explain this too : me someone, Im sure you know more than I do.

No, just one universe, did I say 2 or more? I did'nt mean to. But it is so big, I compare to one atom in all of known to man. Of course this is only comparison cause if space goes on forever with matter flung about it, then cannot even define it in real sense of what it encompasses, but for a starting point its okay.

The black holes are a mechanism, and there are alot of these out there. Do you have counter idea?

Billy :)

: : : i just wanna know will the universe expand forever??? : : : and please explain briefly to me. :)

: : The universe is made up of two factors, matter and nothingness, : : the matter resides throughout the space of nothingness which : : goes on indefitely, but the matter will contract back to its center uless another more powerful : : force gets ahold of it during its expansion and pulls parts or all of it out of its place of current residence. : : So no, the matter in our universe will not expand forever, and in fact our universe (supercluster of galaxies) : : is quite young compaired to many others, although I am sure there are others even younger and even being born/dying at this very momoent : : in space/time. : : Billy :)?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins