Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Will The Universe Expand For Ever???Why???

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe/">Joe on June 5, 1998 08:42:07 UTC

So there is more than one universe, and there could be many different "big bangs" happening simultaneously? I thought the definition of "universe" included everything in all space/time, not many seperate baby universes that are acting independently of each other. Please explain this too me someone, Im sure you know more than I do.

: : i just wanna know will the universe expand forever??? : : and please explain briefly to me. :)

: The universe is made up of two factors, matter and nothingness, : the matter resides throughout the space of nothingness which : goes on indefitely, but the matter will contract back to its center uless another more powerful : force gets ahold of it during its expansion and pulls parts or all of it out of its place of current residence. : So no, the matter in our universe will not expand forever, and in fact our universe (supercluster of galaxies) : is quite young compaired to many others, although I am sure there are others even younger and even being born/dying at this very momoent : in space/time. : Billy :)?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins