Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William G Melchiorsen Jr on June 3, 1998 15:23:34 UTC

: In my opinion singularities cannot possibly exist. It would take an infinite amount of time to crush something into infinite density. An object could just get smaller and smaller no matter at what speed it collapses without reaching 0 size. You cannot possibly collapse an object out of existence, maybe in another universe that has different laws, but not in our universe. Tell me what you think, I would be glad to read your opinions.

In my opinion, a singularity is in itself only a difference in applicable laws due to overiding circumstances of an area of matters environment, so you hit the nail right on the head, it has nothing to do with squishing matter out of existence. billy :)?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins