Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Opinions Of Time Travel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Peter Lemon/">Peter Lemon on June 3, 1998 02:53:47 UTC

I've often thought of time travel, and find the whole concept tantalisingly interesting and exciting. It was great to read about some of the different phsyical and theoretical problems posed and countered by various people - a great number of things I had not considered. To be honest, I do believe that both the technology and brain-power is currently available to achieve time travel: right now. The WILL to give it a go, and the finance, well, that's a different matter. To my mind, there are only two major obstacles to time travel: 1) Will God allow it? (all those reading this will need, for the sake of this debate, to accept that God at least exists - sorry about that, all you athiests... after all, God belives we exist...) 2) What effects would be produced by a person travelling back in time? Point two has fascinated me. When I was younger (I'm now 30, and have thought of time travel since I was 16), I wanted to go back to win Lotto and stupid things like that. Now, I want to go back to fix up some serious relationship mistakes I made. Either way, what would happen if I made changes? Would I be able to remember what I was wanting to change once I got back to where I wanted? Would the changes I make instantly flow onto my conciousness and hit me like a train? What would happen if my "old" self and I saw each other, or touched physically? Once I'd made changes, would I be able to return to "now"? How would I re-adjust and cope with the new "now" I had created? Would the changes I'd made be remembered once I got back to my new "now", or would I just suddenly accept them all as "normal"? I would still very much like to give it a go, as I think the risk for me personally is relatively low (i.e. I can't see me making my life any worse than it already is), even though changes I may make may be far-reaching. I belive I have enough savvy, responsibility and depth of thinking to achieve a successful "trip" and "return". So, if anyone knows (:-) of any rich billionares just finishing off their zillion-dollar time machine, give them my email, and I'll be there tommorrow.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins