Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Infinite Universe Black Holes Attracting And Collide Eventually

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William G Melchiorsen Jr on May 29, 1998 11:25:13 UTC

: If the UNIVERSE is expanding and the mass between singularities decreases and, what hapens to the event horizon? : After time (universal or ?), when equal mass singularities collide, does this create a "Big Bang"?

: Thinking deeply (not philosophically),

: Seaker

Hi Seeker, in my frame of thought, the universe cannot expand, only the matter within it can because the "space" of the universe is nothingness, and infinite, which we cannot truely even comprehend because we have not experienced nothingness yet. When science gets to the point of absolute zero or an enclosed sphere of nothingness contained (ironic?) or seperated out from all matter, it may be impossible but we won't know until it is tried many many times. So if it is the matter expanding and not the universe, then I would guess that mass/grav is the key to all real structure with the exception of sheer power/energy/force which actually escapes all known laws but surely adhere to higher sets of them, plasma being the first step. expansion and/or contractions are simply a function of the matter within and without of specified areas of location and how they interact So event horizons, black holes, singularities and the like all are related, born live and die as a result of the interaction between matter and the aspects of nothingness which it operates in; such as distance/time which really can be summed up by saying that the universe is a product of the density of matter within nothingness. Tell me a little more about singularities, are they the exceptions to the known laws? Billy

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins