Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Big Bang Never Happened - Official!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by zarker99 on October 16, 2010 19:34:15 UTC

My reasoning may be flawed a little - but here goes:

The cosmic radiation currently being studied is reputadly to have been emitted a few hundred thousand years after the big bang. SO HOW COME WE CAN SEE IT?

If the matter which makes up you and me (and the material of the instruments which detect this cosmic radiation) all came into existance at the same moment as the material which emitted the cosmic radiation, then something rather special (and impossible?) must have ocurred somewhere along the line.

Example:
- I get off a train at a station.
- the tain leaves for its next destination.
- I walk a few miles down the line to the next station.
- I get on another train.
- It's the same train I got off an hour or two ago.
- Logic says I must - at some point - have overtaken the train on my walk.

Does that make sense?

Again my question:
How come the cosmic radiation and us - having been created at virtually the same moment - only now happen to cross paths again?

I dont understand.

Did we travel faster than light at some point, and now have slowed down enough for this cosmic radiation to catch up with us?

Something isn't right here...

For us to see light/radiation from the big bang (or as near as dammit), surely must undermine the whole BB theory...??

Comments please :0

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins