Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
String Cosmology And Consciousness

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 26, 2006 16:29:53 UTC

Our consciousness is a superfluid because the main property of a superfluid is that it seems to know everything in its realm instantly. That is, all superfluids behave as though it were a single particle. This is illustrated by the EPR experiments where widely separated particles in 3-d space react to one another instantly, as far as can be determined, in a process called entanglement. So one particle 'knows' what's happening to the other. I extend this kind of knowing to all superfluids and consider it to be the basis of our consciousness.

Now this process of knowing instantly needs a mechanism, like everything else. The mechanism appears to involve tachyons (or similar particles that travel much faster than the speed of light) and so I also think that the 26-d string/bosonic theory is involved as tachyons are fundamental to that theory, and as far as I know, only to that theory. Furthermore, I think the mysterious process of quantum waves (and wave collapse or whatever) also needs a similar mechanism. I believe that quantum waves exist and therefore must exist in some superfluid-like medium as collapse is instantaneous (or as in the transactional case, anti-waves come back from the future to interfere with the waves and cancel them out except where the particle is).

[Following my stream of consciousness rather than trying to be coherent, another principal property of superfluids is that particles in superfluids can pass through each other just like boson waves can pass thru each other. For example, in superconductors, electrons pair up (Cooper pairs) to become spin 1 bosons in effect; and it is considered that they pass thru each other because they are boson. My interpretation of this process is that Cooper pairs are proof that particles are actually waves or fields which can always interpenetrate if spin is one. If spin is other than 1, they interact rather than interpenetrate. But they are still waves. The tachyon mechanism of wave collapse or the transactional mechanism of wave interference just serves to concentrate the energy of the waves so they appear to be particles (for an instant). Double slit experiments involving the propagation of single electrons prove the same thing: either the waves collapse at the detector or anti-waves come back to cancel the forward waves all over except at the detector.]

So one problem regarding consciousness is how the superfluid of our mind can be isolated from the rest of the world. The superconductor is isolated by the extent of the wire. A Froelich dipole-like organic superfluid would be isolated by the physical limits of the organism- not so a pervasive, interpenetrating superfluid like Dark Matter, if indeed it exists and is composed of ultra-light (in mass) particles. If we can first figure out how such a superfluid can be contained, then the problem of physical coupling to the superfluid and active control of the superfluid by our thoughts may be more easily solved.

It may be that the superfluid is purely organic (Froelich-like) and containment is obvious. But that would leave much phenomena unexplained. For one example, if it were so, how could the feeling people have of missing limbs be. I persist in thinking that at least one more layer of superfluid is necessary, and perhaps several.

Richard Ruquist

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins