Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Branes Do Not Need To Collide

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rowanda on November 23, 2005 13:29:09 UTC

In the Lisa Randell/Sundrum theory, which seems to almost derive from Steinhardt's in that our universe resides on a brane in a larger space along with many other brane univeses, except the branes need not collide. If they happen to, then Steinhardt's theory applies, as I understand it.
So RS is a generalization of Steinhardts.

On this basis, the Guth signature would come from the second inflation. In my mind, and here I depart from Richard, the larger world has always existed. I believe this because in both RS and Steinhardt's cosmology, gravity exists between the branes and from brane to brane.

So gravity has already split from the GUT forces, as Richard claims happens in the first inflation. However, my gut feeling is the universe birth process involves the recreation of the GUT field in a black hole of the mother universe, but not a unified field. I think this is essentially what Bajowald derived in his LQG cosmology. So gravity, the basis of spacetime, is in continuous existence as more and more universes are born on branes. So for each universe there is but one inflation, the Guth inflation. But that means that RS theory may not be falsified from WMAP data.

Does that make sense.

wanda

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins