Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Question And Reworked Supposition On Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric J. Andresen on May 13, 2005 04:22:09 UTC

Richard I hope you are here to read this...That is interesting in aspect of heaven...but why not different levels of heaven...something like in ancient stories from Sumer where you have to go through the 7 gates in order to reach the Underworld...something like that. Seven seemed to be a magic number back then. An unconcious grasp of afterlife?
I hate to beat what could be a dead horse to you, but I had a new idea, or model, to explain why I think the current idea of spacetime is flawed. At least it feels that way in my gut, so to speak.
My new idea is in imaging a perfect circle. Take one point on the circumference and imagine it "wants" to go 180 degrees, or halfway around the circle. Now that point is confined to space and must travel the circumference, because that is the space it must travel. But the same path to that other point can go through the center, or origin, of the circle. This is the path that time "wants" to take. If it travels through the circumference, that point has to define space, but in my idea time wants to exclude space, and time also doesn't want to define space. Imagine no outside influence on that point, because of simplicity, it would still have inertia. In a sense I am saying that because time "wants" to travel through the center, that point (which has mass in my eyes now) has intrinsic inertia...because time wants to exclude space, or define space.
Now I also just imagined something else as a result of that...say that point traveled through the center and connected up to that other point 180 degrees around...what you would now have is two smaller circles, or two new spaces (equal distances or lengths). Time may want to "double" the space, or exclude each from the other.
I was also thinking of Force = ma....time might not "want" that to happen also because with acceleration you further define space. As you notice, I am still working on this, so I will also post on God and Science in relation to this, and keep posting here. I am still thinking on momentum right now...
Also imagine two points high above a gravity well...time wants to reach across the mouth of the gravity well...if they connect, they would lock out the mass there into a new space.
I was also thinking something about black holes regarding a mass falling into a black hole from one direction...wouldn't it appear to the black hole that it is coming from every possible point surrounding the black hole? I will post that there also later.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins