Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks For Placing This Out There For Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric J. Andresen on May 10, 2005 06:04:58 UTC

Thanks for making this more understandable for me Richard. Are all these dimensions set as a set of whole numbers 0,1,2,3...., or it is "on off" or "1 or 0". No such thing as partial or negative dimensions? So that for everything in the Universe has to have 26 discrete "traits" so-to-speak. Are you saying that this Dark Matter would not occupy the obvious space we are familiar with, but would have an effect with space? Is there always an interaction with space through gravity? Are these axions forever "lost" to familiar observations by humans? For any future experiments that may be dreamed up, will conditions be reachable to where you could "show" some of these non-apparent "traits"? Do these dimensions have to be demarcated in the sense each is unique and non-interchangeable? If 25 of the dimensions say 0, and one dimension says 1, that discrete trait describes a definite thing or state, so the "on" trait doesn't switch between the other "off" dimensions? In that tv show by Greene, I saw those discrete strings vibrating; are they conserved in the sense that they remain dicrete but can change? All these strings are exclusive from each other? I'll leave it there...thanks again.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins