Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Seperate Mass & Gravity?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Keith N. Tullis on May 22, 2004 15:03:00 UTC

I haven't read all the threads responding to this theory. Where have you studied? How long have you been into cosmology? I, unlike most, will research this proposition you put forward, however I don't understand how you can seperate Mass/Gravity. We havn't seen signs of a "graviton" yet but current theorys perdict their necessary. Have you studied any "String/SuperString Theorys?"
"THE MOON HAS MASS WITHOUT GRAVITY"? O.K.- - that has to be a "mis-interpitation" on my part; what do you mean here?; do you imply 'No Gravity" whatsoever? I must wait for an answer before judgement on that statement.
How, I'm confused here, can you assume a ballon has no mass. Without mass, you have no example here. What other "Macro Object" can you offer as an example of any material object without mass?
The ballon will stick to things as you say due to electrodynamics. However if all frames of reference are removed; like being in space, away from any influintial fields of gravity and moving at a consistant velocity in a sealed room with no windows, "then" the fact that the ballon will stick to something "IS" gravity. Theoriticly, if the sealed room your in suddenly falls towards the nearest gravity field, you might be slammed to the ceiling during the desent. So where is the gravity being generated from?- -Huh? Is it the gravity of the mass your falling(attracting)to or is the gravity field above you, in the direction of the ceiling you just hit. Without opening the door to your room or looking out a window to establish a "frame of reference" that cannot be established.
I may be wasting time with this. Do you beleive that this opinion you present may be the only answer? You must always question yourself in these areas as everyone else will. To claim surity on this topic is bold. The greatest minds in the world have yet to put the four forces together again. Only without mass can there be no gravity, as gravitational forces keep atomic and sub-atomic particles together. If you know how these forces might be seperated then you may hold the key to the very first dis-intigration device, "OR" your first test run, if you ever got that far in your research, might annililate your test facility and life as we know it.
Later.
"After all is said and done, "Gravity Rules."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins