Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Non-management & Non-belief

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Clerk on February 12, 2004 14:21:47 UTC

Response of Kent Benjamin Robertson to an expression of my beliefs concerning the universe after reading his on his site:

Immediately following my message above:
“Dear Ms. or Mr. J.: Regarding your restrictions.”
is followed by ‘secretary J’s commentary....

Title: “EVEN MY NIGHTMARES DON’T COMPARE TO YOUR LIFE
“And I find them disturbing.”

“Regarding the dimensions of space and time and gravity and other forces...”

“My suspicion that gravity, the basic elements of gravity, weave together to form space and time and matter and all the othe forces, somewhat like the Loop Quantum Gravity theories of Smolin, Bojowald, Ravelli, Theimann, etc., actually more like the Newtonian gravity theory of Reginald Cahill of the University of Flinders in Australia.

"It follows that I do not accept your views on the role of dimensions. It was suggested shortly after the derivation of General Relativity by Einstein that EM forces could be represented by a fifth dimension, space and time being the first four, I forget who made that proposal, and later it was found that the other forces could be represented by yet higher dimensions, the highest being a representation of gravity.

"Even this I find more appealing than your representation as gravity is the most complicated of all forces and therefore requires the highest dimensionality for its representation.”

(Signed) ‘J’. Dated February 10 04
----------------------------------------------------

Dear J:
The contrast between your disagreement with me on the subject of gravity and its remarkable axis as a fundamental if not the fundamental universal force (F) which appears to be the generative origin and/or causal - evasively mysterious - reservoir of 'the basics' - matter, motion, negative and positive inertia, electricity, magnetism and the unification of space and time to space-time-motion (Aztec translated 'four motion')...
MY GRAVITY IS MORE FUNDAMENTAL THAN YOUR GRAVITY
... combined with the fact that, after a tentatively flippant rejection, to my recent ongoing posts, you and/or yours went on with impressive solemnity to allow my continued communication on the Astronomy Net - what was inequitably diverted from and grotesquely filibustered - for example - on the Allan'sTIME site, was an unusual if not rare demonstration of moral fortitude and temperance, on the part of you, and/or your management colleagues.
THIS SUB-FORUM IS NOT MODERATED
On the other hand, I can only speculate that you have not in fact read GRAVITY IS THE 4th DIMENSION (at einstein.periphery.cc/) and possibly The Robertson Family Conspiracy (einstein.periphery.cc/machine_1 thru _4).
INCORRECT SPECULATION
Two generally exemplary, untrelated topics; each having generated, as you may have noticed, opposing social and scientific camps, varying from the pensively thought out disagreement, to the compulsively projected profane...

Your inserted response at issue here, follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immediately following my message above, entitled:
“Dear Ms. or Mr. J.: Regarding your restrictions.”
is followed by ‘secretary J’s commentary....

Title: “EVEN MY NIGHTMARES DON’T COMPARE TO YOUR LIFE
“And I find them disturbing.”

“Regarding the dimensions of space and time and gravity and other forces...”

“My suspicion that gravity, the basic elements of gravity, weave together to form space and time and matter and all the othe forces, somewhat like the Loop Quantum Gravity theories of Smolin, Bojowald, Ravelli, Theimann, etc., actually more like the Newtonian gravity theory of REginald Cahill of the University of Flinders in Australia.

"It follows that I do not accept your views on the role of dimensions. It was suggested shortly after the derivation of General Relativity by Einstein that EM forces could be represented by a fifth dimension, space and time being the first four, I forget who made that proposal, and later it was found that the other forces could be represented by yet higher dimensions, the highest being a representation of gravity.
"Even this I find more appealing than your representation as gravity is the most complicated of all forces and therefore requires the highest dimensionality for its representation.”

(Signed) ‘J’. Dated February 10 04
--------------------------------------------------------------------
What is to me enigmatic, regarding your mixed responses and evaluations of myself and my self-transcending work...
(observatons, previously unrecognized, unconnected and/or unjustifiably denied, irrefutable facts; authenticated on the foundations of the evolution of physics) ...
...and my existential personal-social experience - the the proposed, non comparative quality or implications of your nightmares, with my life.
JUST EXPRESSING SORROW FOR YOUR AFFLICTIONS
Your (above quoted) message strongly indicates that you have not read the work you purport to disagree with, since your statement is more a reaffirmation of it rather than a disclaimer or disqualification motivated missive...
Perhaps I’m wrong about this. Perhaps you actually have (really, seriously) read and studied Gravity Is The 4th Dimension. On the other hand, if that is the case, your missive does not gainsay, but rather ironically - if inadvertantly? - supports it.
IT'S JUST THAT GRAVITY IS ALL DIMENSIONS
What can be inferred from my elaborate though still limited documentary and narrative reflections of 'my life' (THE JUDICIAL, JOURNALISTIC & ROGUE CIA INSPIRED CODE OF SILENCE IN SANTA CRUZ COUNTY: A Memorial To The Murder Of Corine Christensen in 1986 (on the menu at einstein.periphery.cc/, with GRAVITY IS THE 4th DIMENSION), and, The Robertson Family Conspiracy (ROFACO - at einstein.periphery.cc/machine_1 thru _4) does not at all require or call for your conclusion apparent, that I am responsible for everything that has been and is projected on me, or your nightmares -or, the waking actions of others which have been imposed upon myself (or the lives of others) to influence my life, or your nightmares.
I PREFER STAYING WITH SCIENCE
The association of my expressed social experiences and what I understand to be your implication that what a person experiences - in a waking or sleeping state - is invarariably what they brought - or bring - upon or to themselves...
If this is what you intend in your unexpected statement that your nightmares do not compare to my life...
Please allow me to say that your proposed incomparablity of what you negatively experience in your sleep: is an incongruous and inappropriate. parallel - or implied object lesson - in contrast to what you prove to be more venerable and moralistic qualities.
WHY HAVE YOU PRINTED SO MUCH OF YOUR PERSONAL LIFE?
Your knowledge of physical science as far as proffered in your last post - as far, and briefly as this observer can see that it goes, is straightforward and impressive; though it does not approach anywhere near disqualifiying, but rather generally agrees with the work you purport to take issue with (is why I must seriously doubt that you’ve read it - your statement does not disqualify, but moreso contributes to ‘my work’... (in theoretical physics)....
SEEMS YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THAT SOMEONE CAN READ YOUR WORK AND STILL DISAGREE. IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION ANYWAY.
The (unprecedented) identification of the 4th dimension of space-time-motion, with the previously unaccounted for causal identity of gravity (previously and popularly thought to be a permanently intractable consideration...)..
You've apparently earned what respect you may have, sir, but you have not purchased - objectively obliged or required - any agreement with your admixture of (my acknowledged 'off topic' initiations of) considerations in physical science, with comparisons of your nightmares with my life.
STILL HOOKED ON MY NIGHTMARES
As you may agree, Aristothenes, Giovani Bruno, Nicolaus Copernicus and Galileo Galilei, were not responsible for heliocentric theory, and the inquisitional restrictions that sometimes violently disagreed with and forbad it...
SO WHAT? WHAT'S YOUR POINT?
As Newton wasn't responsible for - neither did he cause or invent - gravirty, Einstein was likewise not responsible for the 4-D space-time continuum,and myself not responsible for the identification of Newton's Gravity with the 4-D space-time continuum..
IF NOT YOU, THEN WHO?
Neither am I responsible for - nor did I cause or invent - many other universal observations, including the experiences of and in my life, or, your nightmares.
WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS?
The Theory of Everything, as someone else right here on the Astronomy Net has aptly termed it, includes everything - every event, thought, idea, understanding as well as every innocent mistake or deliberate wrongdoing.
THAT'S ONLY YOUR OPINION
(in your expressed inability to find comparison in your bad dreams with what you have apparently, punitively summed up as my life)...
... You seem to oscillate, Dear Sir or Madam J, between couragous acknowledgement of reason -(in your allowance for me to continue and round off my ongoing statement - the acknowledged, appropriately described disparity between 'spam bog and big bang theory'), and knowledge for its own sake...
NO ONE CAN STOP YOU ON THIS SUB FORUM
contrasted with what appears to be your indulgence in what you apparently consider to be the self imposed misfortunes of others.
ARE YOUR MISFORTUNES SELF IMPOSED. MY DREAMS ARE NOT
Your contrasting self expressions may be as good an example as any, of the difference between unity and disunity - the universally existential and subjectively anthropomorphic - personal - reasons for illusory discontinuity, in a continuous universe.
SORRY. THE UNIVERSE IS FUNDANENTALLY DISCRETE
Whereas, clearly, you are not responsibly qualified to publicly or privately deterrmine whether Einstein's 4-D space-time continuum is Newton's universal gravitation, or conversely, still, my life is indeed unlikely to compare to your nightmares.
AGREED. BUT I CAN READ AND DEVELOP MY OWN OPINIONS
(Have you read NOMADS, CIVILIZATION & WAR? BUTTERFLY, OWL & EAGLE? - they're on the same menu with Einstein's Unified Field w'out Mathematics (Gravity Is The 4th Dimension) at einstein.periphery.cc/...
NO. WHY SHOULD I?
From what you've said of dimensionality, you apparently are not familiar with the singular definiton for the progression of geometric dimensions Zero to A1 Straight line, One to B2 Plane, C3 Solid or manifest real space occcupied or unoccupied by mass-energy, and 4D all three dimensions moving at right angles in time duration, from the three recognised dimensions of space: or the consequent obligation of the three recognized dimensions of space, to move at right angles - continuously expand or contract - relative to all three dimensional coordinates of length, width, and breadth, to the duration of the most recently coordinated element of the 4th dimension of time...
THIS DISAGREES WITH GRAVITY AS THE 4TH DIMENSION
Whereas, Einstein persuaded the entire modern scientific community to acknowledge, with that same consensus simultaneously and consistently describing it - the 4th dimension of space-time-motion - as being 'incomprehensible' and 'unimaginable'.
WHAT IS THE SOURCE OR REFERENCE FOR THIS STATEMENT
Your pardon is petitioned, for me not knowing how to promote public relations toward bringing more public awareness of my work, life, or fodder for your triumphantly fortunate nightmares.
OH. NOW I AM FORTUNATE TO HAVE NIGHTMARES
And I find this disturbing...
I SUPPOSE THEN YOUR AFFLICTIONS ARE FORTUNATE
Stating the obvious; closing with what may be redundant:
Aware that this arguement may effect the unhorsing of my presently and generously posted commentary, I do not expect you, or yours, to allow this retort to be posted as response to your untimely inserted barb in your last post - that is:
'Even my nightmares do not compare to your life.'
For the sake of either of us, or anyone else, I do certainly hope not, sir (or madam).
AGAIN I HAVE NO CONTROL ON WHAT IS POSTED OR ON WHAT YOU THINK OR ON ANY OTHER ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE
I remain respectfully,
sincerely and gratefully, K.B. Robertson.
EXCEPT PERHAPS YOUR AGITATION OVER MY RESPONSE TO YOUR LENGTHY AND REDUNDANT POST.

J RAWSON

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins