Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe Just Misunderstood

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 30, 2003 16:08:05 UTC

RE:>> * It was the spirit of Christ that appeared after his death. His spirit had so much power that He could appear or rather be visible to humans. *
Actually, He was body and spirit, just as all born again believers will be.
Do you understand that the spirit never dies ? (Ecclesiastes 12:7)
Resurrection is the spirit uniting back to the resurrected body, though the body will be better. ( i.e. leaves the sin nature out ) Can you imagine DNA that has no parts of it that cause disease, etc. ?

RE:>> * There is a liteature in other religions about how this can happen. Same as our previous discussion of channeling. *
Our resurrected bodies will be flesh, but no sin in it. These bodies are designed to last forever and they will have abilities to, what was the word ? transmigrate ? does this mean move quickly from one place to another ? I’m pretty sure that I’ll have the ability to control the body down to very low atomic levels sort of like the “transporter” on Star Trek. ( Only this won’t be a continual migration from one body to another – just one body for eternity. )

RE:>> * the doctrine of resurrection in my opinion is a product of the lack of sophistication of the jews. *
I’m not sure you accurately describe real Judaism as taught in the Bible..
You seem to be referring to how some of the scattered sheep have come to know Judaism. Just like baby Christians that never grow beyond needing milk, scattered sheep come up with just some of the basics. The resurrection of the dead is taught in the Old Testament. The Sadducees were some that got it wrong.

RE:>> * They had no concept of the soul. And especially no concept of the soul going to heaven. In Judiaism (except for the Kabala)when you are dead you no longer exist. *
You appear to be referencing some that may call themselves Jews( or are the type that cannot use the proper discernment for understanding the Torah ), rather than true orthodox Judaism, but I really don’t want to go down that discovery road anyway, since dead men can’t dance.

RE:>> * The Greeks introduced the concept of the soul and its possibility of going to heaven. *
The facts don’t seem to agree with you. ( Ecclesiastes 12:7 )

RE:>> * Christ introduced this concept to Judiaism but retained the concept of ressurrection of the body. *
Again, the facts don’t seem to agree with you. ( Ecclesiastes 12:7 )

RE:>> * The two concepts: that of the soul and that of resurrection actually are contradictory. The soul retains the important characteristics of the body. Thus there is no need for the actaul physical body to come to life. That contradicts the laws of biology and thermodynamics. *
No, not contradictory, complimentary.
What “important characteristics” of the body does the soul retain ?
The need for the body is to be part of God’s physical(science) creation which is endless to explore.
What contradicts the laws of biology and thermodynamics ? resurrection ?
No. Biology(man) began by creation. The resurrection is a new creation.

RE:>> * So I guess bottomline, I think that concept is mainly rejected on the basis of science. Religion has always tried to be in agreement with known science at the time of its revelation. So I think we really need new religion that is now consistent with science as we now know it. *
“science as we now know it” is only a snapshot point in time.
Remember, “science as we know it” is not God’s science, but only what we have learned and retained of it. The Bible is consistent with God’s science and science agrees with creation, so there’s no need for a new religion, just a relationship with the One who is the Creator.
All the known science(that is true) agrees with creation.
Are there some theories that are incorrect ? Yes, but many still believe them as though they were actual truth. Too bad that the incorrect science takes so long to be recognized and dispensed with, but that “pride” stuff can hold a theory in place almost indefinitely.

RE:>> * Perhaps a genius, a Messiah, will come along and teach us a religion that makes sense scientifically, including the science of the supernatural. *
One already did come along, but He didn’t teach a religion.

RE:>> * God knows it all. *
Amen.

RE:>> * He.she just has to pick some human to transmit all that information through. *
“HE” already did, and it was written in a Book(KJV).
BTW - The “SHE” is His church to whom He is betrothed.

Sincere love that you continue to search this path, Eric %^)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins