Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
NO

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sergei on October 18, 2003 16:50:28 UTC

Even though i do not posess thourough knowledge of the topic i am aware of the postulates of the general theory of relativity in which Eisnstein explicitly states the time is a fourth dimension. However, yanniru i do not agree with cyclic universe because in order for the universe to start contracting back to the a point of infinite density there would have to be an enormous force of gravity opposing the expansion and that would be possible only if there is a lot of mass in the universe. However the latest findings haven't discovered this mass and unless dark matter and dark energy account for the rest of the mass needed the universe will keep expanding forever.
This is just an opinion,
Sergei

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins