Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Notice The End Of Quotes At Enr Of 15

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 7, 2003 22:30:58 UTC

You have a problem with English. Jesus stopped talking at 15 and John said 16 + 17.

And here is 22

[22]
After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized.

That certainly does not sound like the end of Jesus's answer.

What bible do you use? Not any that I have read.

Let's look at the rest

Who called Himself the Son of GOd in John 9:35, John 10:36, and John 11:4 ?

Not in John 9:35
Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him he said, "Do you believe in the Son of man?"

There are 86 times Jesus called himself or was called the son of man. 40 times others called him the son of god. Only 3 times, all in John, did he refer to himself as the son of god. I suspect that John, written more than 100 years after the death of Christ, got it a little wrong.

Scripture quotes are below for your perusal.

Matt.8
[20] And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head."
Matt.9
[6] But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" -- he then said to the paralytic -- "Rise, take up your bed and go home."
Matt.10
[23] When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel, before the Son of man comes.
Matt.11
[19] the Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, `Behold, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds."
Matt.12
[8] For the Son of man is lord of the sabbath."
[32] And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
[40] For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Matt.13
[37] He answered, "He who sows the good seed is the Son of man;
[41] The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers,
Matt.16
[13] Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesare'a Philip'pi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?"
[27] For the Son of man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay every man for what he has done.
[28] Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."
Matt.17
[9] And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of man is raised from the dead."
[12] but I tell you that Eli'jah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of man will suffer at their hands."
[22] As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of man is to be delivered into the hands of men,
Matt.19
[28] Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of man shall sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Matt.20
[18] "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death,
[28] even as the Son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Matt.24
[27] For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
[30] then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;
[37] As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
[39] and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
[44] Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Matt.25
[31] "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
Matt.26
[2] "You know that after two days the Passover is coming, and the Son of man will be delivered up to be crucified."
[24] The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born."
[45] Then he came to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
[64] Jesus said to him, "You have said so. But I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."
Mark.2
[10] But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" -- he said to the paralytic --
[28] so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath."
Mark.8
[31] And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
[38] For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Mark.9
[9] And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of man should have risen from the dead.
[12] And he said to them, "Eli'jah does come first to restore all things; and how is it written of the Son of man, that he should suffer many things and be treated with contempt?
[31] for he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, "The Son of man will be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him; and when he is killed, after three days he will rise."
Mark.10
[33] saying, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man will be delivered to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death, and deliver him to the Gentiles;
[45] For the Son of man also came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Mark.13
[26] And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
Mark.14
[21] For the Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born."
[41] And he came the third time, and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? It is enough; the hour has come; the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
[62] And Jesus said, "I am; and you will see the Son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."
Luke.5
[24] But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" -- he said to the man who was paralyzed -- "I say to you, rise, take up your bed and go home."
Luke.6
[5] And he said to them, "The Son of man is lord of the sabbath."
[22] "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!
Luke.7
[34] The Son of man has come eating and drinking; and you say, `Behold, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'
Luke.9
[22] saying, "The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised."
[26] For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
[44] "Let these words sink into your ears; for the Son of man is to be delivered into the hands of men."
[58] And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head."
Luke.11
[30] For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nin'eveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation.
Luke.12
[8] "And I tell you, every one who acknowledges me before men, the Son of man also will acknowledge before the angels of God;
[10] And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
[40] You also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an unexpected hour."
Luke.17
[22] And he said to the disciples, "The days are coming when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and you will not see it.
[24] For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of man be in his day.
[26] As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man.
[30] so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Luke.18
[8] I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
[31] And taking the twelve, he said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written of the Son of man by the prophets will be accomplished.
Luke.19
[10] For the Son of man came to seek and to save the lost."
Luke.21
[27] And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
[36] But watch at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of man."
Luke.22
[22] For the Son of man goes as it has been determined; but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed!"
[48] but Jesus said to him, "Judas, would you betray the Son of man with a kiss?"
[69] But from now on the Son of man shall be seated at the right hand of the power of God."
Luke.24
[7] that the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and on the third day rise."
John.1
[51] And he said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."
John.3
[13] No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man.
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up,
John.5
[27] and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
John.6
[27] Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of man will give to you; for on him has God the Father set his seal."
[53] So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;
[62] Then what if you were to see the Son of man ascending where he was before?
John.8
[28] So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority but speak thus as the Father taught me.
John.9
[35] Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him he said, "Do you believe in the Son of man?"
John.12
[23] And Jesus answered them, "The hour has come for the Son of man to be glorified.
[34] The crowd answered him, "We have heard from the law that the Christ remains for ever. How can you say that the Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?"
John.13
[31] When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of man glorified, and in him God is glorified;
Acts.7
[56] and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God."
Heb.2
[6] It has been testified somewhere, "What is man that thou art mindful of him,
or the son of man, that thou carest for him?

Rev.1
[13] and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden girdle round his breast;
Rev.14
[14] Then I looked, and lo, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand.
------------------------------------
43 son of god

Matt.4
[3] And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."
[6] and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down; for it is written, `He will give his angels charge of you,'
and `On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.'"

Matt.8
[29] And behold, they cried out, "What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?"
Matt.14
[33] And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."
Matt.26
[63] But Jesus was silent. And the high priest said to him, "I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
Matt.27
[40] and saying, "You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross."
[43] He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he desires him; for he said, `I am the Son of God.'"
[54] When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe, and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"
Mark.1
[1] The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Mark.3
[11] And whenever the unclean spirits beheld him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."
Mark.15
[39] And when the centurion, who stood facing him, saw that he thus breathed his last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"
Luke.1
[35] And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Most High will overshadow you;
therefore the child to be born will be called holy,
the Son of God.

Luke.3
[38] the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.
Luke.4
[3] The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread."
[9] And he took him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here;
[41] And demons also came out of many, crying, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them, and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.
Luke.22
[70] And they all said, "Are you the Son of God, then?" And he said to them, "You say that I am."
John.1
[34] And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."
[49] Nathan'a-el answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!"
John.3
[18] He who believes in him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
John.5
[25] "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
John.10
[36] do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, `You are blaspheming,' because I said, `I am the Son of God'?
John.11
[4] But when Jesus heard it he said, "This illness is not unto death; it is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by means of it."
[27] She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."
John.19
[7] The Jews answered him, "We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because he has made himself the Son of God."
John.20
[31] but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.
Acts.9
[20] And in the synagogues immediately he proclaimed Jesus, saying, "He is the Son of God."
Rom.1
[4] and designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,
2Cor.1
[19] For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we preached among you, Silva'nus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No; but in him it is always Yes.
Gal.2
[20] I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Eph.4
[13] until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ;
Heb.4
[14] Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Heb.6
[6] if they then commit apostasy, since they crucify the Son of God on their own account and hold him up to contempt.
Heb.7
[3] He is without father or mother or genealogy, and has neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest for ever.
Heb.10
[29] How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by the man who has spurned the Son of God, and profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace?
1John.3
[8] He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
1John.4
[15] Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1John.5
[5] Who is it that overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
[10] He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne to his Son.
[12] He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life.
[13] I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.
[20] And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
Rev.2
[18] "And to the angel of the church in Thyati'ra write: `The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins