Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Sin In Word, Thought, And Deed - Everyday

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 7, 2003 12:53:56 UTC

RE: * No metaphors where Christ teachings are concerned. They are to be taken literally. *

An awkward place to be in based on just a small sampling --- Please explain these as literal:

Jesus in the Father and the Father in Jesus. (See John 14:11)

"Ye are the light of the world" (from Matthew 5:14)

"lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (from Matthew 6:20)

I could go on and on, but please start with these.

RE: * You demonstrate the sin of pride when you say that I am not reborn on your sense but that you are reborn. *
Perhaps, and I am sorry if I have offended you. I demonstrate the sin of pride far too often. I beg you forgive me for this.
Pride ? Not just pride, but discernment. We are instructed to judge. He has told us that by their fruits ye shall know them. Matthew 7:16) One who claims that Jesus, the Lord of glory, has sinned is a fruit hard to overlook. I presume you still hold to this. You then turn around and say that you have it on good authority (Jesus himself) that you are with him. How is Jesus a good authority if He sins ? If He sins, can He lie ?

The only good authority for true Christians is the Bible. It is more sure than God's voice from heaven. (II Peter 1:17-19)

Yes, I do sin, but my sins are washed away by the blood of Jesus.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins