Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Believe In The Literal Truth Of The Gospel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 7, 2003 11:44:22 UTC

You believe what Paul said about faith and salvation. I do not doubt that it is not true. But Jesus said much more. Like the following
Matthew 5
[43]You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
[44] But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
[45] so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
[46] For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
[47] And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
[48] You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Note that he is clearly talking to only Jews and that by loving our enemies we may become sons of god just like him and that we must be perfect just like Jesus. It is scripture like this that made me convert to Judiaism after being reborn in Christainity.

Paul's message was to the Gentiles. God goes easier on the Gentiles. The requirements are less difficult as you have pointed out. Only faith matters for the Gentiles as indicated by the Samatarian woman. The Gentiles in the Gospel are saved or healed by their great faith. But the Jews have to keep the law including loving thy enemy and those that persecute you. But our reward is to become sons of God, as stated above.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins