Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Are At Counter Points - Grace To You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 6, 2003 18:46:18 UTC

RE: * I contend that 'By faith, not of works(law)' is the false teaching of Paul. It clearly is not the teaching of Jesus. *
The clear teaching of Jesus is “Repent and believe.”
No works. What works did that thief on the cross beside him do ?
Of course, faith without works is dead. That is, we are saved “by grace” but “unto” good works – that God may be glorified.
If you have the faith that provides for salvation (recognition of His love and sacrifice)
then good works will not be separate from your life.

Some of the early Christians, most of the Apostles, etc., the destination of your soul is not settled based on anyone else but you. A Rabbi cannot settle it for you, a priest cannot settle it for you, a minister or a pastor cannot settle it for you. No, the decision is yours and yours alone to make. But rejecting the free gift of the only begotten Son of the Living God has severe impact on your eternal soul and I can only beg you not to take this decision lightly.

I pray that is apparent that I am just a man that stood as a sinner before God, unable to claim any merit, relying upon His mercy and accepting His grace wherein I have been blessed with the opportunity to call upon Him as my Father and Jesus is here with me to pick me up when I fall.

RE: * So good works is still alive and kicking in Christianity. *
Many heresies abound. And the Bible says that they shall wax worse and worse.
Narrow is the way and FEW there be that find it. Herein, I have provided you information about THE way. I pray that you will consider it. Do not be fooled by any man in the White House. I do not have a personal relationship with anyone in the White House, do you ? But I do have a personal relationship with the One who gave Himself for me freely.
( This is no judgment of anyone in the White House, but an admonition that false apostles transform themselves into apostles of Christ, and Satan himself, an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:13-14)

My love and prayers go with you, Eric %^)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins